|Land registry (UK HPI)|
|June Av. price|
|Monthly change||12 month|
|Kensington and Chelsea||£1,254,725||-1.2%||-4.0%|
|City of Westminster||£965,019||-0.8%||-0.4%|
- England house prices grew by 0.7% in the year to June 2019, unchanged from May 2019.
- Across England, all houses showed an increase in average price in June 2019 when compared with the same month in the previous year.
- In London, average house prices fell by 2.7% in the year to June 2019, up from a fall of 3.1% in May 2019.
- The average property price in Islington is now £615,783 representing an annual drop of 6%.
- In June 2019, the most expensive area to purchase a house was Kensington and Chelsea, where the average cost of a house was £1.25 million. In contrast, the cheapest area to purchase a house was Burnley, where the average cost of a house was £89,000.